She is the professor and doctoral supervisor at school of media & design, SJTU( Shanghai Jiao Tong University), which is the national academic centre dedicated to the study of media in China and its globalizing tendencies. She has published extensively in field of media creative industry and communication. Her academic research addresses issues in news, customized media, management and strategy of computer-mediated communities, future of gaming, ageing society and role of media technology in promoting sustainable development, and also has extensive industrial experience from the news and media creative industry.
As the first Post Doctoral on management of media industry in China at Business school of Fudan University and the first Ph.D. of journalism in China at Journalism School of Fudan University. In 2009. She had a great opportunity to be a research scholar at CITI ( Columbia Institution for Tele-Information) of Columbia University Business School in NYC for a year. With great experience at the field of media and excellence communication skills,She is passionately to do research and devoted to teach students in the university, at same time, She also has ever been the director of EMBA project on media in SJTU. She has been awarded “the second prize of philosophy and Social Sciences (2014) in Shanghai”, “China's first journalism and communication science Excellence Award (2013)”, her paper was collected in China News Yearbook(2013) .She is now the deputy director of Oriental Management Research Center.
Now she teaches undergraduate courses: media creative economy(school through general education courses); journalism practice (Shanghai Jiaotong University undergraduate courses of high quality); postgraduate courses: audience research, media economics and management. July 2014 won the outstanding teachers in Shanghai Jiaotong University and 2015 won the school "Shenyin Wanguo excellent teacher award”.
She is an energetic, intelligent and motivated scholar who has been trained in one of the best school journalism and communication in China, and has such combination experience for newspapers, reporter and editor, with interdisciplinary academic background, which bring her a sharp vision to examine the social change and evaluate the impact the development of media in modern world.
2003/10--- present School of media & design Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Associate Professor, Professor, Doctoral Supervisor
2003 --- 2004 EMBA project on media in Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2009/09--- 2010/09 CITI of Columbia University Business school
The Columbia Institute for Tele-Information (CITI) is a university-based research centre focused on strategy, management, and policy issues in telecommunications, computing, and electronic mass media. Its location in New York City provides a unique foundation for these activities. Research collaboration among academic, corporate, and public sectors is vital in analyzing the complex problems. CITI also provide MBA lectures, such media industry and international media business.
1995/09--1997/09 Chuzhou Daily in Anhui Province
Journalist, reporter, Editer
1990/09--1992/09 Anhui transport Company in Anhui Province
2009/09--2010/09 CITI of Columbia University Business school
2001/09--2003/06 Business school of Fudan University
Apply economics| Post Doctoral
1998/09--2001/06 Journalism School of Fudan University
Journalism | Doctor
1986/09--1990/06 Anhui Fuyang Normal College
Chinese Language and Literature | Bachelor
*Qingyan Tong, Outline of Media Industrial Economy, Shanghai: Fudan University Press, (2007. monograph).
*Qingyan Tong, News Practice: Content Planning and media design, Shanghai: Shanghai People's Publishing House. (2013.monograph).
*Qingyan Tong, Study of media audience, shanghai: Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press,(2013. monograph).
*Qingyan Tong, Beyond Mass Media--Unveil the Mask of Media's Influence, Beijing: Broadcasting and Television Press of China,(2002. monograph).
*Co-translator, Zur Soziologie des Partewesens in der modernen Demokratie, Tianjin: Tianjin People's Publishing House, 2003.
*Co-translator, Training and Exploitation, Beijing: Beijing Normal University Press, 2007.3.
* Study of dissemination characteristic of touch media user and strategies of traditional media response, ( National Social Science Fund. Grant No 13BXW013 2013-2015) .
* Study of content of wechat's public account for above the provincial government. (Shanghai online petition Office. 2014-2015).
* Analysis of new media development status and trends: media of user self propagation creative effect (shanghai culture creative industry office 2014-2015).
* Strategy of human resource management of Shanghai century publish group. ( This is the testing project of reform of the culture system for the central government 2004).
* Study of improving Shanghai metropolitan culture function, developing culture, media and creative industry ( This is the project from the shanghai committee of development and reformation).
* Research of the weibo effect about news select and re-dissemination ( This is innovation research project of Shanghai Jiao Tong University 2011).
* A new Research into Chinese Media Industry ( The Project of Arts Fund of Shanghai Jiao Tong university).
* Study of media audience ( the project of fund of Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press 2012).
* Study of media audience ( the project of 985 post graduated core curriculum materials) .
* News Practice: Content Planning and media design ( the project of 3rd training of Creative Talents for the under graduated) .
* News Practice ( the project of excellence under graduated course 2011).
* Economics of Media and creative industries ( the project of public course of Shanghai Jiao Tong University 2015).
Representative Papers(corresponding author)
* Qingyan Tong, "The Ripple Effect in social media" ,Journalism & Communication 2015 (1), pp38-58,Cover articles recommended.
* Qingyan Tong, "A study of content on wechat's public account for above the provincial government" ,Annual Report on Development of New Media in China,Social science press 2015(6),pp3-25.
* Qingyan Tong, "A research on the weibo effect about news select and re-dissemination. case study about the sina weibo re-dissemination for the TV news (Oriental zhiboshi)", Journalism & Communication, 2013 (7) ,pp46-66,Cover articles recommended.
* Qingyan Tong,"Based On Audience Autonomy ,the Paper Media Is the Social Media Among the era of the touch media：Analysis on etropolitan Lifestyle Weekly for Iphone , ", Journalism&Communication, 2012(5),pp74-86.Cover articles recommended.
* Qingyan Tong,"American scholars on Chinese media hot topic", Journalism, 2012(2),pp22-26.
* Qingyan Tong,"Interactive entertainment: What influence does the online games industry have on the media industry", Review on Cultural Industry, 2011(13),pp32-36.
* Qingyan Tong,"China Broadcasting Reform -- a typical case of Shanghai mode ", Journalism, 2010(10),pp12-16.
* Qingyan Tong,"Chinese media: international cooperation under knowledge-based economic conditions", Press, 2007( 3),p15-17.
* Qingyan Tong,"Game in IPTV between broadcasting and television and telecommunication in China", Journalism, 2007(3),p21-24.
* Qingyan Tong,"A study on the reasons and hazard analysis of modern Chinese media industry's purchase", Journalism, 2006(3),p14-16.
* Qingyan Tong,"Elements research of TV entertainment program”, World Economic Papers, 2006(12),p22-25.
* Qingyan Tong,"The meaning of media industry economy", Contemporary Finance & Economics ,2005(12),p15-17.
* Qingyan Tong,"Contemporary Chinese media's industry chooses”, Population and Economics ,2005(1),p11-14.
* Qingyan Tong,"Reflection of the difficult position of contemporary Chinese media industry", Journalism, 2004(12),p24-26.
* Qingyan Tong, “Do Ordinary People's Market--research on hand to hand management model", Media, 2004(8),p17-20.
* Qingyan Tong,"A New Research into Chinese Media Industry", Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University, 2004(2),p22-25.
* Qingyan Tong,"A New Research into Chinese Media Industry"(Education Department of People's Republic of China University Periodicals Abstracts 2004.3),p20.
* Qingyan Tong, "Reconstruction of Chinese Media Organization Structure", Contemporary Finance & Economics, 2003(12),p17-25.
* Qingyan Tong,"Analysis on the game of contemporary Chinese media group", Journalism 2003(10),p21-15.
* Qingyan Tong, "On Media Audience's mental models", Word Economy Studies ,autumn supplement in 2001,p18-23.
* Qingyan Tong,"Media Acceptors' cognition structure research in information time", Journalism and Communication, spring of 2000,p22-28.
* Qingyan Tong,"American impact and adjust in pain-news occupation of South America”, research on news and communication, autumn of 1999,p18-26.
* Qingyan Tong,"The Lingual Art of Talk-show Hosts”, Journalism School, summer of 1999,p12-16.
* Qingyan Tong,"The Development Trend of Journalism and Communication Psychology", Journalism School, spring of 1999,p30-31.
* Qingyan Tong,"Advertisement of South Africa and Public Relation: What do you care?”, advertisement of China,1999.6,p20-21
journalism practice (Shanghai Jiaotong University undergraduate courses of high quality); media creative economy(school through general education courses).
audience research, media economics and management.
"Shenyin Wanguo excellent teacher award”(2015),SJTU.
The outstanding teachers in Shanghai Jiaotong University(2014).
China's first journalism and communication science Excellence Award (2013).
The paper was collected in" China News Yearbook(2013) ".
"Journalism & communication studies" magazine's annual outstanding paper(2012).
"The excellent teacher in Media and design "(2010).
The Shanghai Information Service Industry Association award(2008).
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Eastern scholarship(2007).