Li Yu was born in 1976. She studied at School of Presentation Art, Communication University of China, the Management School of Beijing Film Academy, and Film and Television Art Institute of Chinese National Academy of Arts. She holds a Ph.D. degree.
2003, Excellent Academic Paper Award of Chinese Film Academic Forum in 12th Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Film Festival.
1. Chinese Films and Hollywood in Post WTO Era, co-authored with Boqing Zhang, in 2006 Shanghai International Festival
2. History and Prospect: The Way to Connect Chinese and Hollywood Films, an international conference paper
3. Research on Chinese Blockbusters Phenomenon
4. Cinema Consumption and Management under the Tendency of Consumerism
5. Enlightenment from American Drama Creation Mode on Chinese Drama Scriptwriting Mode
6. (involved in the compilation of) 2007 China Film Industry Research Report
Film Market and Film Industry