Director of Division for Development of Liberal Arts at SJTU
Hong Jiang was born in Shanghai in 1957. He received his double degree in Engineering and Law from SJTU in 1986. He has served as the Director of SJTU News Center and the Standing Vice Dean of SMD. Now he is the Director of Division for Development of Liberal Arts at SJTU, the Vice Chair of Shanghai Institute of Science and Technology Communication, and a member of Shanghai Vocational Training Advisory Committee.
1. The article: Current Situation and Development Strategy of Specialized Talents in Science and Technology Communication of Shanghai, was awarded the First Class Prize of 2007 China Science and Technology Communication Association Excellent Paper Award.
2. The article: Thoughts on Science and Technology Communication and the Training of Science and Technology Communication Talents – the Communication and Education of Science and Technology, was awarded the Excellent Paper Award by the Documentary Information Center of Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in 2007.
3. The article: Communication and Education of Science and Technology, won the Second Class Prize of 2005 China Science and Technology Communication Association Excellent Paper Award.
4. The article: In-depth and Comprehensive Report of Major News Events in Chinese Colleges, won the Third Class Prize of 1999-2000 Excellent News Articles Award of Ministry of Education.
Research Projects and Publications
He has hosted four ministerial-level projects, such as Enhance the Cultural Functions of Shanghai and Develop the Research on Cultural Media Industry during the 11th Five-Year, Theme Interpretation of 2010 Shanghai World Expo Main Hall and China Pavilion. He has published about 30 articles in journals indexed by CSSCI. Selected papers include Normal Crisis: the Communication of Science and Technology among Sub-district Communities, Blind Spots and Strategies of Traditional Media in New Media Environment, and Media Revolution Driven by Technology. In addition, he has published many books, such as Introduction to New Media.
1. New Media Communication
2. Media Literacy Education
3. Science and Technology Communication
4. Cultural Media Industry