Director of Chinese Visual Communication Research Center of SJTU
Junxi Yao was born in 1968. He received his B.A. degree from the Department of Chinese at Lanzhou University, his M.A. degree from the Department of Journalism at Lanzhou University and his Ph.D. degree from the Department of Chinese at Fudan University. He has worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Journalism at Fudan University.
1. The Third Class Prize of the 9th Excellent Social Science Achievement Award of Gansu Province
2. The Third Class Prize of Excellent College Social Science Achievement Award of Gansu Province
3. The Second Class Prize of SMD “Dongsen” Award
4. The First Class Prize of the 14th Excellent Science and Technology Books in Western China
Research Projects and Publications
He has hosted one national project, one ministerial-level project and six other projects. His projects include Communication and Harmony: A Study on the Channels and Strategies of Global Communication of Chinese (sponsored by National Social Science Fund), The Development and Application of Tunhuang Design Art and Modern Design (sponsored by Ministry of Culture), Mass Communication and the Development of Gansu, etc. Regarding publications, he has published one book (as the single author), one book (as an associate editor), one set of teaching materials (as the chief editor) and another set of teaching materials (as an associate editor). Main publications include Communication in Social Transformation, Mass Communication and Social Development in Gansu, Western Sublime Aesthetics, and etc. Since taking associate professor, he has published 31 articles. Selected papers are Significance of Communication, Interpretation of the Meaning of News Authenticity, and Communication Structure of Contemporary Chinese Society.
1. Communication Theory (Chinese and foreign communication thoughts)
2. Visual Communication (visual aesthetics and communication)
3. Development Communication (communication and social transformation)