Director of Digital Media Art Institute
Hong Zhou was born in Beijing in 1957. He received his master’s degree from the School of Arts, Soochow University. During his master years, he visited Shingshu University (Japan) for a further study. He serves as a Director of China Fashion & Color Association, a member of the International Council of Graphic Design, a member of Shanghai Design Association, and a member of Shanghai Designers Association.
Under his instruction, his students have won numerous awards, such as the Third Class Prize in the 2nd College Students Advertising Competition, the First Class Prize of the 2nd College Students Advertising Competition in Shanghai Competition Zone
Research Projects and Publications
1. Selected projects: SIGN System Design of External Environment, SIGN System Design of External Environment of SJTU Minhang Campus
2. Selected books: Brochure Design for Companies, Visual Communication Design.
3. Selected papers published in core journals and International conference proceedings: Signifying Consumption and Advertising Design, Business Sense in Design Education
4. Design works have been exhibited in many important exhibitions, such as the 3rd Discovering Suzhou Theme Advertising Exhibition
1. Symbolization in Visual Communication Design
2. Traditional Chinese Advertising Style and Symbol
3. Visual Communication and Visual Perception